Naval Undersea Warfare Center - Keyport Detachment Pacific (Pearl Harbor, HI)
You must be a U.S. citizen in order to apply to the laboratory. No Dual Citizens will be considered for this facility. Must be enrolled at a 4 year U.S. college or university deemed accredited by the U.S. Department of Education (community colleges or junior colleges NOT eligible)
Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Keyport Detachment Pacific (NUWC DET PAC), Ford Island is looking for bright, motivated men and women, who have an interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, and more importantly, would appreciate an opportunity to learn about and work directly with .members of the greatest navy in the World.
NUWC DET PAC functions as Naval Sea Systems Command Undersea Warfare Center's forward presence in the Pacific for the U.S. Navy and our Allies. Our relevant products and services support Undersea Warfare (USW) system acquisition and Fleet maintenance/readiness which offer students the opportunity to work hands on with Navy USW test and training systems; learn the operations of advanced shore based communication and electromagnetic testing facilities that evaluate shipboard system readiness; be exposed to Fleet training methodologies, exercise reconstruction, data analysis, visualization and debrief; and become familiar with the Navy's live, virtual, constructive, modeling and simulation projects.
NUWC DET PAC is headquartered on Ford Island in Pearl Harbor with engineering and technical work areas within the Pearl Harbor Complex, in Kalaeloa, at the Pacific Missile Range Facility at Barking Sands Kauai and in Apra Harbor in Guam. NREIP opportunities are predominately on the island of Oahu.
NUWC DET PAC's primary functions cover the following major categories:
- Submarine USW Systems Testing
- Surface Ship USW Systems Testing
- Heavyweight Torpedo Production in Hawaiian Area
- USW Combat Systems & Weapon Analysis
- Underwater Target Intermediate Maintenance Activity Operation
- Underwater Instrumentation Depot/Intermediate Maintenance Activity Operation
- USW Sensor Calibration Range Operation (FORACS)
- Electronic Systems Test Range Operation (SESEF)
- Tactical Network Analysis Center Operation (TNAC)
- Surface Ship Radiated Noise Measurement (SSRNM)
- Shipboard Magnetic Signature Reduction Measurement and Treatment Facility Operation (MSF)
- Type Commander Staff Support (Sonar, AIT Coordinator)
- Submarine Waterfront In-Service Engineering Support (C4I, Periscope, etc.)
- Engineering Support for Science & Technology (S&T) and Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- Waterfront Logistics, Contracting & Supply Support