Space and Naval Warfare System Center Pacific - Honolulu, HI
2018 program start date: TBD
- Must be a US citizen (dual citizens or permanent residents are NOT eligible)
- Students must be enrolled at an institution accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.Students attending two-year community or junior colleges are eligible to apply
- Must be 18 by 31st of December of the current calendar year
- Students must secure their own transportation and housing
- Students must be able to participate for the full program duration
- Applicants should have majors relevant to the research interests of the laboratories
- Students graduating in the spring are eligible to apply
- Students are encouraged to take advantage of the "Interests" section of the application; this field allows you to specify your areas of interest within science and/or engineering
- THERE ARE NO WAIVERS OR EXEPTIONS TO OUR ELIGIBILTY CRITERIA
Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific (SSC Pacific), Hawaii is looking for bright, motivated young men and women, who have an interest in cyber, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. We realize that you may not as yet have an affinity toward a particular research area; however, if you do, let us know and we will try to accommodate your interests. There will be many more applications from qualified young men and women than there are positions, so don't be disappointed if you do not get selected; it is not a reflection on your potential. Simply try again next year!
SSC Pacific is the Navy’s premier research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) laboratory for command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR), Cyber and Space. Our laboratory settings, test beds and simulated operational environments offer working environments unachievable elsewhere. We deliver integrated C4ISR, Cyber and Space solutions to our nation’s warfighters - integrating forces, platforms, and functions into coordinated operational capabilities. Programs in navigation and applied sciences, environmental quality technology and assessment, marine mammals, robotics and physical security complement our primary C4ISR, Cyber and Space focus. Our scientists and engineers rank among the nation’s best inventors, innovators, and integrators in a wide range of scientific disciplines. Our business is C4ISR, Cyber and Space; we provide the information technology resources essential to the U.S. warfighter in today's increasingly complex, increasingly hostile world. In the development of these technologies, we are contributing substantially to the achievement of the future vision of the Department of Defense and particularly of the Navy.
SSC Pacific formal leadership areas, assigned by the Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition:
- Command, control and communication systems
- ommand, control and communication systems countermeasures
- cean surveillance systems
- Command, control and communication modeling and analysis
- Ocean engineering
- Navigation support
- Marine mammals
- Integration of space communications and surveillance
What will I do as a NREIP Intern? As part of the internship experience, students are required to complete work on a project and/or experiment under the guidance of their mentor based on the mentor’s research/project focus; projects vary year to year. Students get to showcase their findings and results by developing and presenting a technical poster. During the summer program, students also have the opportunity to participate in the following activities:
- Skill building seminars
- Team building workshops
- Technical seminars
- Science, Technology, Engineering and, Mathematics (STEM) volunteer opportunities
- Network with other interns and STEM professionals
Summer interns are provided with an environment that will foster their creativity, help them develop a problem-solving mindset, and give them the opportunity to participate in meaningful technical research. Additionally, they will gain experience in a professional workplace that specializes in STEM careers.
If you have any other questions/concerns, please contact the site coordinator, Ms. Stephanie Napoli at email@example.com or (808) 471-1062.