Description of NREIP
This ten-week intern program is designed to provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in research, under the guidance of an appropriate research mentor, at a participating Navy laboratory.
NREIP interns will be selected based upon academic achievement, personal statements, recommendation, and career & research interests.
Award duration and stipend
The internship has a duration of 10 weeks.
Stipend levels will be determined by the amount of credit hours you possess and stipends will range from $5,400 to $10,800. Level 1 ($5,400): 31 - 60 credit hours. Level 2 ($8,100): 61 or greater credit hours. Level 3 ($10,800): Proof of enrollment in graduate school.
Stipends will be paid bi-weekly via direct deposit.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Permanent Residents and Dual Citizens may be accepted at a few lab. Please contact the lab you are intesterd in participating with to be certain.
- Students graduating in the Spring 2016 semester are eligible to apply. If you expect to graduate by Fall 2015, unfortunately, you are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be on track to acquired a minimum of 31 credit by the end of Spring 2016. Eligibility will be determined by the number of credits you possess at the end of Spring 2016.
- Applicants should have majors relevant to the research interests of the laboratories.
- Students attending two-year colleges, who meet the major and credit requirements, may be eligible at the laboratory's discretion. Please contact the laboratory you are interested in participating with directly to find out if you meet their requirements, as they may vary.
The last day to submit an application will be October 23, 2015 by 5:30 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST). References and transcripts are due on October 23, 2015 by 5:30 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Awardees as well as Non-Awardees for the Summer 2016 NREIP Program will be notified by Early - Mid December.
Research Start Dates
Start Dates will vary based upon the lab. The earliest anyone can start at a lab is the second week in May.